I'm a Mormon.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"...With Healing in His Wings"

President Dieter F. Uchtdorff, part of the first presidency of the church, once told a story about how "one woman who had been through years of trial and sorrow said through her tears, 'I have come to realize that I am like an old 20-dollar bill—crumpled, torn, dirty, abused, and scarred. But I am still a 20-dollar bill. I am worth something. Even though I may not look like much and even though I have been battered and used, I am still worth the full 20 dollars.'” 
Life isn't easy all the time. We all make mistakes, and we're all gonna end up kinda like that 20 dollar bill. But no matter how bumped and bruised we get from the world and our mistakes, we're all still sons and daughters of a living, loving Heavenly Father, and we're worth something! He knows us each individually be name, I know that, and because of that love, he provided a Savior for us, Jesus Christ. That through Him we can have eternal life in the life to come, and peace and healing in this one. Christs invitation to all of us is to come unto Him, that he may heal us, and bring us peace and rest, no matter what kind of shape, or circumstance we're in. (Matt. 11:28-30, 2 Nephi 25:13)
If ya want to read the whole talk from President Uchtdorff, I attached the link to my wall on Facebook.
Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment